Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Want to install a cot a 29 LX digital CB in my worth. There

Customer Question

Want to install a cot a 29 LX digital CB in my ken worth. There is a place that has an antenna cable and a three pin stacked female plug ( one pin on top of two). When I read voltage between the red and white wires I get right at 15V. The plug that came with the cobra CB only has two wires. Red and black, which I assume is pos and ground. But from everything I read the CB is 12 V not 15V. What am I missing?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Where are you measuring power? From the power hook up in the truck? CBs can operate from 10 Volts to 14.8 volts because that is what the trucks alternator puts out.

If you are concerned, put a power conditioner inline to help out and keep the voltage low. I will tell you though that if you turn the radio up by doing a "super tune" where the finals in the radio are replaced, you will want that 14 volts for it. Otherwise, LOOK HERE and get you the line conditioner to install or hit up a CB shop along your route for one. There are still some shops out there.

Some call them noise suppressors, but they all do the same thing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy