Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I am losing coolant but i cannot see a leak. Sometimes I can

Customer Question

I am losing coolant but i cannot see a leak. Sometimes I can smell in coming onto my cab.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You took care of the first thing I was going to mention to check.

Do you have a radiator pressure tester by chance? If not, see if you can loan one from a Autozone under their tool loan program or from another parts repair.

Put the pressure pump onto the reservoir and pump it up to about 18 or 20 psi. Then check all the hoses for the leak. You should see it spraying out wherever it is leaking at this pressure. It won;t harm anything, other than show you the leak. This is the best and fastest method to finding a leak.

Reason I mention this tool is because some leaks can be hidden until the coolant is hot and then they show from the expansion of metal and hoses. Trust me, it will save a lot of time and aggravation. Check the coolant hoses going to the heater core and the floor board of the truck to rule that out. It tends to leak the most with coolant hose on the turbo second, and radiator third.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy