spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have a 2011 freightliner cascadia. When i turn on the fans

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2011 freightliner cascadia. When i turn on the fans for air (no a/c) there is that burn cable like smell and sometimes white smoke comming out of the vents. But when i hit the a/c button ot blows cold air and the smell clears out. Did some asking around and changed the Cab Blower Motor. Problem still there. And also when working for a while there is some water by where his left foot would be when sitting down. Any ideas... im thinking the heater core is leaking
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Try crimping off both heater hose lines going into core with needle nose vise grips for a day or two, if the problem goes away you know its a heater core issue for sure so no time or money spent on a simple test.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up to see if you need more assistance or had time to try my suggestion?

If you still have issue and are not loosing any coolant the ac drain may be plugged.

A simple test is run truck and ac and see if water is dripping under cab after about 10 minutes.

When running ac it takes moisture out of the air and needs to drain out of cab.

Let me know either way please