Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

07 Volvo 670vnl ved 12 engine need to replace the exhaust

Customer Question

07 Volvo 670vnl ved 12 engine need to replace the exhaust manifold gasket, How long should this take ? What do I need to remove ? and should I replace anything else?
Thanks I have been a mechanic for years just never worked that much on a volvo with the egr system
Thank you
Alex
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

I see this has sat for awhile. I'm not sure if this was in the wrong category, but it looks like that may have been the case. It may have been placed in the car Volvo category by mistake.

To do the exhaust manifold on these is nearly the same on any other truck.

Drain the coolant.

Remove the intake and exhaust pipes off the turbo.

Remove the lines going to the turbo. (oil and coolant)

Remove the turbo. Then soak the exhaust manifold bolts.

Remove the EGR cooler to access the top manifold bolts by removing the pipe on the front and rear of the cooler. Unlplug the EGR, remove the bolts holding the cooler.

Now remove the exhaust manifold bolts and the manifold will come off.

Install is the reversal of what was done. Make sure to replace the EGR gasket at the line that you had to take off for the front. It is metal and looks good, but it will leak if you don't replace it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?