Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a moffett lr 70 and the operator is complaining of

Customer Question

I have a moffett lr 70 and the operator is complaining of hard steering. now the steering shaft was replaced about a month ago and the rear steer bushings were also replaced. I did not have any other problems till the motor was replaced a couple weeks ago. the forklift had 16129 hrs on it when the motor went up. Could you send me some specs on the steering pump pressures so i can check the pump to make sure it is putting out the amount of pressure required to turn the steer tire smoothly.
I have jacked up the rear and turned the steer wheel with no weight on it and also with weight on it and i get the same reaction. the steering is not smooth at idle but when i bring the engine rpm up it gets easier. I have the parts breakdown for the lr 70 but that does not give any pressure breakdowns of the pumps. we have 2 forklifts and they run 20 hours a day 7 days a week so i need it running a full capacity all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here on this.In some cases this is due to the info being difficult to obtain.If you can I would check with a dealer or repair center for this model to see if they have any diagrams and diagnostic info on how to check/test this here to locate the fault.If this is not an option for you on this let me know.

Thanks Pete