Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2004 GMC 8.1 with BiPhase Lp gas, it's starts good

Customer Question

I have a 2004 GMC 8.1 with BiPhase Lp gas , it's starts good cold but not when engine temp comes up, also after engine temp is up to normal it acts like it's over fueling driving do the road , does better with a load on
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

In some cases this type of fault here can be caused by a failing engine coolant temp sensor sending an incorrect engine coolant temp signal causing this fault here.If this has not been checked into at all this should be done and if the temp sensor is found to be the cause this will need replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it have two sensors and where are they located on the engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your model uses one sensor.It is located on the passenger side of the engine as seen in the link below.

Thanks Pete