Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

My name its ivan and i have a 2000 detroit engine series

Customer Question

Hi my name its ivan and i have a 2000 detroit engine series 60.I did change injector cups and after that engine lost the power and its smoking black very bad,i found four injectors leaking i did replace them and i replaced the turbo also i did the valve
adjustmeny and it still exactly the same.what could be the problem?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This may possibly be an issue with the fuel injection pump overfueling causing this fault here.If you have not had the injection pump checked this should be done and repaired or replaced if found to be the fault here.If this is o.k. I would have the air intake system checked for any restriction issues as well as proper operation.

Thanks Pete