Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Gents! I am trying to get this Truck to run without

Customer Question

Good Morning Gents! I am trying to get this Truck to run without De-rating or getting shut down by the ECM. Truck; 10/92 Freightliner Cab Over Vin 1 FVHALYA9PP494055 Engine Cummins L10-330E ESN###-##-####Active Codes as follows; 0324 SID 3 FMI 5 0325 SID
6 FMI 5 0331 SID 2 FMI 5 0332 SID 4 FMI 5 I am coming in the middle of this and have zero previous information on this Truck. Thank You Very Respectfully ***** *****
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** I should be able to get you the troubleshooting on those codes after work if that helps you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andy,That would definitely help. If I cannot get them sooner as I am at work on it currently.Thank You
Very Respectfully
Robert B.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

OK Robert . No problem . I will look them up and get back to you around 6 pm eastern.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . Your engine serial number should be 8 digits long . You have 9 there !

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Can you please recheck your engine serial number ? It should be only 8 digits! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andy,
Sorry about that. My bad!
ESN 34675304P.S. I removed the ECM and sent it off to get checked for possible failed Injector Drivers. The loom has been pinned out numerous times, and apparently shown to be good.Thank You
Respectfully
Robert B.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok but was the power circuits load tested using a headlamp ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andy,Sorry, I have been on so many Trucks this week/last week that I have not been able to get back to this one.
To answer your question, no. To my knowledge, the wires were pinned out using an Ohm Meter.
Is there a different test you recommend using a Headlight?
Thank You
Very Respectfully
Robert B.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Yes if you can test using a headlamp as a load , and the light comes on bright , this does not only tell us that there is continuity , but it also tells us that the circuit can carry a good load of current .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

What condition is the engine harness in ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

oops sorry . please disregard last message .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need anything .