Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

On a isuzu npr diesel truck automatic trans I am getting no

Customer Question

On a isuzu npr diesel truck automatic trans I am getting no oil flow from trans to cooler what could be wrong?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to pay the one time fee not a monthly fee - I hope it isn't charging me a monthly fee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transmission is overheating
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

May I get the full VIN of the vehicle so I can get specific info for your vehicle please?

Yes, someone is here. We can only answer in the order received and the board is heavy today for questions. I apologize for the wait.

You have a blockage in the line from the transmission to the cooler or a pinch. That is all that can cause the oil to not flow. Usually a chunk of debris from a failing part, sludge from very old oil, a piece of the oil filter can block the line.

Low fluid can cause this as well, but not as common.

Remove the lines off the cooler and the transmission and push air through the lines to flush them out and hook back up. You should be able to get flow after that.

If you don't, then there is a blockage in the transmission that needs to be resolved. I doubt it is a pump issue for if you had an issue with the pump, it would not allow the transmission to shift, so the issue would be a blockage on the line itself. If internal, save some money and drop the pan and replace the internal filter for it will cause the issue. If it gets blocked up, it won;t send oil to the cooler for it is what feeds the cooler. The flow is pan to internal filter to pump to cooler back to pan. The side mount filter is what cleans the filter for the fluid to operate in the transmission itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?