Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

INTAKE HEATER NOT WORKING 2004 CHEV C6500 3126 CAT,SMOKES

Customer Question

INTAKE HEATER NOT WORKING 2004 CHEV C6500 3126 CAT,SMOKES WHITE WHEN COLD,WHEN TEMP WARMS UP GOES AWAY,WHEN DOES WARM UP ,INTERMITTANTLY WILL SMOKE WHITE FOR 1 MIN OR SO OR LOW SPEED DRIVING,
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Most often the cause of the heater not working is no power to the relay on top of the engine. To turn the heater on, the engine ECM supplies a ground to the relay. Often I find a fuse blown to the relay. When it's not a blown fuse, I then normally find a bad relay.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.