Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have 2003 international DT466 with no power from the key

Customer Question

I have 2003 international DT466 with no power from the key to the starter. we have cleaned the battery cables and the wire connections and replaced the starter. It is not cranking. What else can it be?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there my name is ***** ***** can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3J079526
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Is the engine warning lamp comi g on at key on as a bulb check ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing comes on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When this started on Monday everything was working I went around corner to get started and i lost power to gas pedal....then i pulled over everything went black after I heard a pop.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

This means no power to the ECM . Have you checked the entire clean power feed harness from the batteries up to the power distribution box ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the ecm located
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I believe above the starter on the left side of the engine .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Here is your engine wiring diagram!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dsll4pneisi8dh/old%20466%20and%20530%20wiring.pdf?dl=0
Let me know if you need help locating where to load test wiring . Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now we have power to everything except cellanoid
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean the starter signal wire at the starter ? All ECM powers and grounds have been tested and are good and you see the engine warning lamp come on and go out at key on ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a two wire sensor connector on the back of the starter ? This is a thermal overheat for the starter . It may be defective . Try unplugging the two wire connector and put a jumper accross the two terminals to if it cranks .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! Do you still need help ? Let me know ! Thanks

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help ? Happy to assist further if needed .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I am still around if you need me ! Let me know ! Happy to assist !