Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I got a 2000 freightliner century class with c15 cat.

Customer Question

I got a 2000 freightliner century class with c15 cat. Leaking a gray color liquid out of the breather tube
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.

Unfortunately this often indicates the presence of coolant in the engine oil. I have seen this many times. Whenever oil and coolant come together. They become this gray colored substance.

There are four places I have seen the coolant come from. A failed water pump, seal leak at a cylinder liner, a head gasket leak, and a faulty oil cooler.

To test I like to drop the engine oil pan and pressurize the cooling system. You will be able to see where the coolant is leaking from.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.