Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2013 Peterbilt with 87,396 miles and the Allison

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Peterbilt with 87,396 miles and the Allison Transmission will not engage. The push pad is working but it's not responding. What is the issue and what is the warranty?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What do you meant the push pad is working? You are hitting the button to put it in drive ant the display shows drive, but there is no lock in with the transmission?

Warranty may still be in affect on that vehicle since you are under 150k miles. I know the selector pads themselves are longer on the warranty.

I would suggest going to a Allison shop for a faster response time to have the truck worked on over Peterbilt or Rush. They can be slow sometimes and Aliison tends to get on the truck right away. Plus a lot of Peterbilt shops will send the major work to Allison or have one of their techs go into the shops. I've seen it many times.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this. Did you need any more assistance?