go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

I am working on a Freightliner with a Detroit engine. Serial

Customer Question

I am working on a Freightliner with a Detroit engine. Serial #06r0991537. The wires for the delta p sensor have been torn off and I can't find the other end. Do they go to the end and if so what are the pin locations.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome

Is the delta P sensor on the left side of the engine or right side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Left side. The drive said he thinks the wires have been cut for a while. The only active code I have is flash code 83. The check engine light, engine shut down light, and regen light came on all at once and the engine shut down. It will restart but only run for about a minute or so. Would the cut wires to the delta p cause this?
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.

This code means egr temp high which usually suggests the egr valve is stuck open or starting to seize up. 07 series 60s stopped using the delta P sensors so don't worry about the cut wires its more tab likely been eliminated but make sure that the wires are not touching.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the code for high erg temp still be active even though the engine had set overnight? Also would an egg valve stuck open cause the engine shutdown and regen lamps to come on and the engine not to run but for about a minute?
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.

remember,there is still a temp sender in place and the ecm uses that input to monitor and for diagnostics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but if the engine is off and cold why is it registering high temp. The active codes are Sid 155 fm I 0 glad code 83. Got a new code today Sid 212 fm I 3. The engine will only run for about five seconds then shuts off. Check engine light, engine shutdown light, and regent light are on. Would either of the two active codes cause the engine to shutdown and the regents light to come on. If so how do I troubleshoot them.
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening

Sorry for the delay

That 155 code does represent the delta P sensor that is missing of your engine..strange

Why it would be removed or ripped off your engine like that. Are you close to a parts store were you can get another connector?