Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2009 Chevy c5500 this unit is setting P2727, P2729,

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2009 Chevy c5500 this unit is setting P2727, P2729, and p0708 fault codes. Dose any one have any info on these faults. Wire diagrams and solenoid location?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

P2727 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'E' Control Circuit/Open

No other info follows

P2729 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'E' Control Circuit Low

No other info follows

P0708 - Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input

Possible causes

- Faulty Park/neutral position switch
- Misadjusted park/neutral position switch
- Park/neutral position switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/neutral position switch circuit poor electrical connection

P0708 Description

The park/neutral position (PNP) switch includes a transmission range switch. The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position when the shift lever is in the N or P shift position and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

The Solenoid "E" is inside the tranmsission. Since you are having both a open and low code, the solenoid itself is bad. I suggest taking the vehicle to a trained transmission repair service for that solenoid isn;t easy to change out. The valve body has to come off and that takes someone with experience to put it back on with no issues.

The park/neutral switch, it should be mounted on the exterior of the transmission where the cable meets the transmission, driver side, neat the front and top, just on the edge. It is easy to change out. You remove the cable and the 2 bolts holding it on and replace. Not much to that one.

If you look on the side of the transmission, there should be a data plate. If I can get the model of transmission you have, I might have instructions for the solenoid replace. There are 5 different auto transmissions used so having the right info will help out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy