Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Clayton. I have a 2006 columbia freightliner with detroit

Customer Question

Hi Clayton. MY NAME is***** have a 2006 columbia freightliner with detroit engine series 60 14 liter. The egr has been deleted, with a loaded trailer at 8,9,10 gear i will loose boost at 1400 and 1500 rpms and i feel like the turbo is forcing engine temp goes up 200 then check engine ligh comes on and after ligh comes on i dont feel the turbo forcing truck runs good but wont have boos for small hills. Codes when check engine light comes on ecu 128 sid 146 fail 07. I have new vpod.any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Did you get the delete done at a shop? I suggest contacting them because the code you are getting is the EGR isn't responding. So what ever the shop put on the truck to trick the engine into thinking the EGR is working and responding, it isn't working properly and yout truck is in "inhibition" or limp mode. That is why you are losing the boost you are having.

Every shop has their own way to do the delete and to trick the engine. That is why I suggest contacting that shop to see if they used a tansistor in place of the sensor or if they used a bypass sensor, etc. It may be the part they installed has gone bad and causing that issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy