Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2005 Chevrolet c8500 with a c7 cat. ABS light is on with no

Customer Question

2005 Chevrolet c8500 with a c7 cat. ABS light is on with no active codes, have replaced dash, and abs ecu. it is a bendix ec30 unit. Bendix is telling me that there is nothing wrong with the abs system, something on the truck side is causing the light
to illuminate
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Are you using a scanner to access the vehicle to pull code on both the OBD and the J plugs? If so, which scanners are you using? I ask because a lot of time I am only able to pull codes up with the Tech 2 Tool scanner or the JPro.

Have you done the other checks on the vehicle like checking for power and such? I'm presuming you have air brakes since this is a EC30 unit. Have you checked the wheel sensors to verify they are all pushed in?

If this is on the vehicle side, most likely the chassis module can;t see the ABS module which is what is giving the dash light. The scan tool on the chassis will be needed to see what code it has to then see if the harness needs to be chased or if there is some other issue going on. This will not be an easy task to work with. If the ABS module is getting power and isn;t coding, then that system will be working properly. It will then be in the chassis module where the code is because it can't see the ABS module. Worst case scenario is to disable the light behind the dash until the chassis module can be repaired or scanned to determine the error.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have jpro, acom bendix, and cat programs to communicate. Cannot use tech 2 since it has a 12 pin deutch connector. Has no codes in any of the modules, abs system works fine, if I unplug a sensor then it throws a code, and also shows that the light should b triggered on according to my scanner. When I plug the whl spd sensor back in the code clears and it commands the abs light off, but the light stays on on the dash. Could you possibly get me the pin out diagram for the actual dash/instrument cluster?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'm still working a road call, but as soon as I get in from it, I'll post one. I should have one. I apologize for the delay. I didn't wxpect this wreck to take so long.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to get that pin out for me?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I sent this 3 times now and the other times it didn't show on my end. I'm trying this again as a bulk instead of splitting page by page. Hopefully it works this time.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Yep, looks like it finally wen through this time. This setup just kicked off on our end so we are still working out a few kinks with sending files, but now I figured out what I ned to do.

This is the full pinout for the full cluster that I was able to pull off of GMC. I hope this works for you.