Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I just read through where you provided a wiring schematic. I

Customer Question

Hi Andy, I just read through where you provided a wiring schematic for someone. I need a schematic aswell. VIN IHTS(or 5 horrible hand writing)CAAN5th358686. I have a feedlot truck in ab-horrid condition that just stopped running. Their "mechanic" changed a volume of sensors and swapped the pcm out for another one. I verified fuel through the lift pump, and on the pinouts for the ecu I only have one constant 12v I don't find a single key on signal. The ck engine light doesn't come on with key on. I suspect a bad wiring issue from the switch to pcm which has happened on 3 of their other trucks. Truck also has good cranking oil pressure. I just sold my nexusiq scanner because it was utter garbage. The mechanic out there had a semi code reader and it only found faults in the abs system. The truck is in bad enough shape pcm fault should have been present. If you could get me a chassis (switch) and engine schematic for this truck I would greatly appreciate it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can !
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p5labgreamnpjx/1995%20dt%20466%20flash%20codes%20and%20wiring.pdf?dl=0
Here is the engine wiring diagram . I will try and find the chassis wiring for you as soon as I get home .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey, I could really use that chassis schematic. I have no power at 97aj, or al, so yeah no key on. Also I need the location of the pcm and idm relay. I dug a significant amount of poop out of the harness and found both of those appear to head towards the engine harness but the only 3 relays I find don't have matching #'s. I've checked all of the connectors leaving the harness and see only the idm in circuit as a non sensor/acc item.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I will do my best as soon as I get home from work today . sorry about the delay.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I am home now ! Will look up chassis wiring .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhgfhcg8o51qpj6/ecm%20relay.png?dl=0
Here is the diagram !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I see you viewed my post! It looks like its a splice in the harness if the other wires after the relay are getting power , then the problem must be in the harness from that splice on towards the ECM somewhere .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update on this ! Let me know if you need more help .
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end . Feedback is important and bonus is appreciated . Thanks