spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have 2005 volvo day cab with eaton fuller super 10. i had

Customer Question

hi.. i have 2005 volvo day cab with eaton fuller super 10. i had air tanks replaced last week and after the trans will not shift from high 6 to 7 8 9 or 10 high or low.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for delay
Make sure you have tank air pressure (120 psi) at transmission regulator on back of trans,, they may have not hooked it up.
Please copy, paste, and open link in new tab to view picture of regulator/filter for this trans.
It should be a plastic line from regulator to air tank.
The inlet of filter regulator will be stamped into regulator.
https://www.google.com/search?q=eaton+air+filter+regulator&rlz=1C1CHTX_enUS494US494&es_sm=93&biw=1455&bih=705&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIqbaywOyrxwIVyFs-Ch0zIATC
The air coming out of regulator going to trans will only be 60-75 psi but you should have system air going into regulator.
The deposit you placed will NOT credit me for my work from the web site unless you Rate my performance.
You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.
Thanks
spanky
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer I checked the regulator seems like they never had to disturb the airline going to the transmission in order to replace the air tanks.. pressure in the air tank is good..however I am getting couple of messages on the dash. Message number 1 . main box shift engagement system unknown fault inactive number of events 3. 2nd message auxiliary splitter mechanical system mechanical fault inactive number of events 3 . message number 3 main box shift engagement system unknown fault inactive number of events 1.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks for info.
You said you did not have this issue before tank replacement correct?
I would also check any wiring around trans in case they moved something around by accident.
Did you check pressure at regulator in and out? They may not have disturbed line at trans but could be hooked up wrong at tank or connected to a dummy hole.
I will need trans model number off trans tag or door jam?
Are there any fault codes at all besides the unknown one? The numbers
Start with key on,,cycle key off/on 4 times ending with key on and count flashes if you have a do not shift or mode light,,it should have a two digit code,,each set of flashes followed by a short pause is one digit, then a longer pause between codes,, then any other codes will follow and then keep repeating? You may not even be able to do this depending on trans but I don't have model number yet.
Let me know