Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

My 04' international dt466 has freon in it but doesn't sound

Customer Question

My 04' international dt466 has freon in it but doesn't sound like the compressor kicks on. Check a/c light is on
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i would like to try and help ! This light usually comes on because the body controller has detected that the refrigerant is low in the system . You can check this by leaving the truck lone for a few hours , then hooking up gauges and checking static pressure . This means , at that point the pressure will be even on both sides , you read the pressure and compare it to ambient temperature in your area at that time . 70 f is equal to 70 psi in the system ,

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you till need help ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Just lookin for an update ! Did my answer help you at all?
Happy to help if you still need it ! Let me know ! Thanks
Please do not forget to rate my service at the end ! Feedback is important and bonus is appreciated. Thank you .