Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a code PO8 42 transmission pressure switch 1. Does

Customer Question

I have a code PO8 42 for low transmission pressure switch 1. Does this require a hydraulic check or do I need to drop the pan for an inspection.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in a remote location without a manual. Would appreciate any information you have. Urgent
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the year, make, model of vehicle? Do you know what series transmission you have?

Depending on what the transmission is doing, most times the pressure needs to be checked. If the pressure is good, then of course the pan gets dropped and the sensor changed out.

Have you tried a filter change (if you have the spin on) to see if that gets rid of the issue you are having?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy