Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2011 isx 485 15liter..with a cracked head. .I

Customer Question

I have a 2011 isx 485 15liter..with a cracked head. .I deleted the egr,def..add a new exhaust.and turbo.ect...can I use a different head not designed for the egr and def.on this engine
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! I am going to say no on that one. They went through so many design changes throughout the years and added EGR and higher turbo boost pressures. In doing so, they had to make modifications to the head to be able to withstand the extra pressure. I believe it would not be a good idea to try this .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to rate my service at the end ! Feedback is important and bonus is appreciated. Thank you .