Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a Cat C-15 engine. I recently had my oil cooler

Customer Question

I have a Cat C-15 engine. I recently had my oil cooler changed do to the oil being pushed into the radiator. 2 days later I notice a lot of steam coming from the engine blow tube under the truck. I also notice that I had a lot of moisture on my oil plug. Is this a sign of a cracked head or something more serious?
i
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.
It's possible it could be something serious. But not always. It could be something simple like a water pump.
It sounds like there is coolant getting into the oil. I have seen this many times.
I like to drop the oil pan and pressurize the cooling system. This way you can see where the coolant is coming from. If the water pump is leaking. You will see coolant coming from the front gear train. If the coolant is coming from a cylinder or head gasket. You will see it leaking down.
I hope it's not something serious.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.