Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I acquired a Cummins isx 15 550 engine (cm2350) complete

Customer Question

I acquired a Cummins isx 15 550 engine (cm2350) complete with fuller transmission and emissions after treatment system (egr, scr) off of an 2015 international truck. ecu and wire harness included up to the cab connectors included. my question is can I install all this equipment on my 2013 Peterbuilt 389 cab which is wired for a cm 2250 Cummins isx 15?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** you can provide me with the full vin number of the truck you want to put it in, I can look for the diagram and see if we can do it .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vin on the cab is 1XP-XD49X-3-DD202645
the cab is 2013 cm2250. Is it possible to convert our 2015 Cummins isx 15 550 engine which is cm2350 to an older 2012-2013 engine (cm2250)? would it be possible to get rid of our international engine to cab harness, replace it with a Peterbilt engine to cab harness to match our 2013 Peterbilt 389 cab and install an older ecm(2012-2013 cm2250).
If not is it possible to wire the 2015 Cummins isx 15 550 (cm2350) off an international truck to a 2013 Peterbilt 389 cab(wired with CM2350 engine management system)?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I can provide the cm2250 wiring diagram if needed but that is all I can tell you .

As for the last option you requested , the cm 2350 is wired the same on the engine harness side for both the international and the peterbuilt . The differences are mostly in the chassis wiring going to the ECM on both makes . But that can be done yes .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! Is there anything I can do to help further here?