Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I'm getting an oil coolant light followed by a red engine

Customer Question

I'm getting an oil coolant light followed by a red engine light in an '06 International 4300, DT 466. Pulling code:
PID 094, FMI 01. DTC 0. Descr. Unknown diagnostic. Got that cleared and it came up with a low fuel pressure that I forgot to grab the code.
I lose power and get both lights mentioned above after the truck has hit in the 2000 rpm range after 2-3 miles of travel. If I clutch it, the lights go out and it goes another couple miles, repeat, repeat, repeat.Truck does not die. Truck idles fine at stand still.
Also, these codes go inactive to active based on above. If I go hop in it right now she will fire right up and codes would be inactive (waiting on my mechanic to get out with computer right now)
I have disassembled the fuel filter housing. No crud. Filter was a little dirty originally. I changed that, no difference. Truck is not overheating. Oil pressures are very good.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On way for fuel pump. Only 40 psi at idle and 45 at 2100 rpm. Drops out to 35 coming out of 2100 rpm with very slow return to 40/idle.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too late. Fuel pressure back after replacing fuel pump valve/regulator. Coolant and engine light is the coolant sensor. Just unplugged it until I get back to international.