Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a 2003 c9 in my RV it started fine the other day when

Customer Question

I have a 2003 c9 in my RV it started fine the other day when I moved it and now it will not start. This happened about 4 years ago and a technician came out and unplugged something and it started right up. He said it was a common issue and replaced a part that was inexpensive the total bill was around $300.00 any idea what he unplugged and replaced.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
If it was only 300 dollars. I would expect the problem was the injection actuation pressure sensor. It has three wires and is screwed into the side of the head on the non turbo side of the engine.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have like 3 things screwed on on that side of the engine. Also what was unplugged to make the engine start.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
The injection actuation pressure sensor. It can fail and keep the engine from starting. If it is bad, you can unplug it and the engine will start. Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will pick one up tomorrow from my cat dealership and see if I can match it up and replace it.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sounds good. Let me know if you need more help.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.