Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have an Eagle Picher Rough Terrain Forklift, yesterday it

Customer Question

I have an Eagle Picher Rough Terrain Forklift, yesterday it was in neutral and idling and just died. It's full of diesel and all fluids are good. It didn't starve itself down for diesel and then shut off, it just shut off. It will not crank back. Where is the fuse box? Any other suggestions that could point me in the right direction?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Engine? Controlled electronically or with mechanical injection pump?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I assume it is cranking, just not starting. Is the electric fuel shutoff opening? Has to have battery voltage to open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turns over but will not run. I thought maybe a piece of trash could have restricted flow at the bottom of fuel tank. I took the filter off and had diesel to there, I blew air back through the line into the tank and it bubbled so that isn't plugged. Has voltage, starter spins normally. I made it hit and run a couple of seconds on an ether/spray lubricant combo through the breather. I'll have to go back and look first thing in the morning to give you the correct answer about the fuel pump. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical pump but not positive. Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
On the injection pump will be an electric solenoid, that opens the fuel passage so the injectors get fuel. It has to have battery voltage as long as the key is on! This is common failure item.