Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

My church has an old Grayhound bus MC-12 with a 6V92 engine.

Customer Question

My church has an old Grayhound bus MC-12 with a 6V92 engine. On a trip the radiator sprung a leek and overheated. After changing one of the radiators I refilled and started it seemed to be ok. It sat for a week, when we tried to start it cranked hard and water came out of airbox drain on one side. Pulled head and found crack. Because of limited funds am trying to fix as cheaply as possible. Have located a head off of a running engine off of a running truck which is being scraped. I have worked on series 71 & 53 in the past but do not have a manual for this one. If possible I could use some info such as headbolt torque and sequence . Also I need info on how to set valves and injectors (electric controlled). The head gasket also has a shim front and back which I am not familiar with. Can you provide me with this info e-mail: ***@******.*** Thank you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I was good until you said you have electronic injectors! But I do have a source for your manual. The site is a member site but has the manuals you need. You can join as a guest or as member. I pay $5.00 a month for membership, but I think guest is just a one time $5.00, good for 30 days. I'm and old 53 and 71 guy myself. Thanks, ***** ***** the site and see if it does it for you!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.barringtondieselclub.co.za/

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you check out the site?