cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

1664-11 4214-18 2637-11 Doser was cleaned by dealer not 1500

Customer Question

1664-11
4214-18
2637-11
Doser was cleaned by dealer not 1500 miles ago. Also with jpro software all dpf sensor readings say "not available".
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.what is the engine serial number and are these codes active ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial(###) ###-####
Yea they are active.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me take a look and get back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok buddy. Take your time. Also I had the level 4 warning come on right after a 5 hour haul grossing 77,000. Turned the truck off and it went away. But engine warning stayed on. Don't know if that info helps at all. I'm trying to send a screenshot of the dpf diagram from jpro where is say no info available from all the sensors.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
can you recheck the engine serial number it should be 8 digits long. What is the issue you are having besides the codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be running ok actually. Just that engine warning light and that engine shut down light has me concerned.
79273555
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the info Can you see the current ecm calibration with your scanner? I think you may need an update or you have other issues with the after-treatment system. I doubt that the cat is missing.
Fault Code: 2637
PID:
SPN: 5018
FMI: 11
Catalyst Face Plugged - Root Cause Not Known. The front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst has been detected to be plugged with soot.
Active aftertreatment diesel particulate filter regeneration will be disabled.
This fault code is set when the inlet face of the diesel oxidation catalyst is detected to be plugged with soot.
Possible causes of this fault code include:
Engine oil or fuel plugging the front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Fault Code: 4214
SPN: 5018
FMI: 18
Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Oxidation Catalyst System - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level
None on performance. Active aftertreatment diesel particulate filter regeneration will be disabled.
erify that the ECM calibration is correct or updates that correct this fault
This fault code is logged when the temperature increase across the catalyst during an aftertreatment injection event is lower than expected.
Soot plugging the front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Engine oil or fuel contamination of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Cracked or contaminated aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Malfunction in the aftertreatment fuel injection system
Leaking exhaust system between the turbocharger and the diesel oxidation catalyst.
Fault Code: 1664
PID: S380
SPN: 3050
FMI: 11
Catalyst Missing - Condition Exists. The aftertreatment catalyst in the exhaust system is not present.
This fault code becomes active when the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst inlet and aftertreatment diesel particulate filter inlet temperature sensors do not detect the presence of a catalyst in the aftertreatment system. This can be caused by tampering with the catalyst system, the catalyst has been removed from the vehicle, or a damaged catalyst.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have access to the scanner today. It was at cummins shop 8 months ago to get the raise idle turned on and few other computer things. Figured they woulda updated it then. Let me see if I can find the print out from them. Isn't it odd that it's getting no sensor readings?
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
why is the INHIBIT switch on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what that is?
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
A switch on the dash that stops the regeneration process. In the pic you sent is showed that the regeneration was inhibited. This means the unit will not regen when required
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me go look. I'll get right back.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
ok i'll be here. Please reply to this post
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah there's not a switch to turn it off just one to turn it on? Was my understanding that was red like that on the jpro picture because of the codes that were active stopping it from doing a regen?
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
ok. Every OEM is different just making sure that it was not enabled. Normally it throws a fault. but that was bot in your list. see if you can get the enm current calibration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Software phase?
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
No it is the current ecm calibration it should be AV10064.??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Av10064.42
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Thanks . the most updated calibration is AV10064.44 but it will not help your situation. being that you you have DPF plugging codes means that you may have an engine issue and must be troubleshot to find the cause of the plugging. try resetting the DOC and DPF and perform a regen if possible. You may need to seek a good Cummins shop to assist the doser is not an issue as it will throw a fault code when failing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of engine issues would you think right off hand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't lose any coolant or oil hardly at all.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
A over fueling injector or oil leaks such as valve stem seals.turbo seals or piston ring damage
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello Just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service.