Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

1997 Volvo M11 plus engine will crank but will not start.

Customer Question

1997 Volvo M11 plus engine will crank but will not start. Fires on starting fluid, I have changed the fuel filter, fuel solenoid and the check valve in the top of the fuel pump. I now have fuel flowing freely through the head but still do not have any fire. I am sure the injectors are not firing. I was under the dash and found the some wires unplugged. When I plugged them in the engine fluid light came on. For test purposes only jumped both coolant level and oil level and there was no change. Is there any other fluid sensor to check. I have no computer to tell me what the light means and can not seam to get the diagnostic button to tell me anything. Just need to know where to go from here to get the truck out of the field. I am unsure of when the truck last run properly.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Can we start with the engine serial number please ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help ?