cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have a 2007 ISX complete overhaul done in Jan 2015 it ran

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ISX complete overhaul done in Jan 2015 it ran good for a while a week ago the motor Derated so I replaced the EGR valve both intake manifold and exhaust gas pressure sensors, throttle pedal sensor...erased all codes now it's giving me a 103 code and Derated again any suggestions?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.What is the engine serial number and is there more numbers to the fault code? Are you pulling it from the dash or a scanner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulling from the dash. .. i had fault codes for all the sensors I replaced can't get to the engine ss code until tomorrow
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

ok what is the engine serial number? Ill see if i can find the code that way

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got a code of pid 103 for the newest code...but I also have. New Turbo Speed sensor also...what are some of the causes for the motor to Derate?
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

There are many reasons for a derate, low coolant/oil, throttle issues, turbo /egr issues sensor malfunctions. ect. The derate is the ecm protecting the engine from damage.did you find the Engine serial number?

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello Just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service.