spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Air bags on 2007 freightliner columbia wont air up.I replaced

Customer Question

air bags on 2007 freightliner columbia wont air up.I replaced leveling valve, bags are getting very little evenwhen i took the rod off and raised the handle on leveling valve.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for delay.
Check the amount of air pressure you have at leveling valve, should be system air pressure, 120 psi.
The most likely cause is low air pressure from the tank that supplies air to leveling valve,,your gages may be reading okay,, but FL likes to have two air tanks in one,, with a check valve between each side,,,when the check valve goes bad you must replace air tank.
Follow air line from leveling valve to air tank,,check air pressure at that tank,,if its not 120 like gages show replace that tank.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or
at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Thanks
spanky