Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2007 international 4300 dt466 and cant get the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 international 4300 dt466 and cant get the ac working. It has one code. I dont know what the code is, but just replaced everything on the ac system and still wont actuvate the clutch. Is this code to do with the ac? Its. 29:2 612_14a
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is how can I get my ac working? Is there a trouble shooting manual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Know what the code means Now, but i just changed the Inlet thermister!! So how do i clear the codes without the diamond body progrAm or a very expensive dealer program OR visit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didnt mean to ask for a live chat. Please cancel that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know how to erase active codes or get rid of this one I have!
Expert:  tkman55 replied 1 year ago.
Ok your inlet thermistor is not making an electrical connection 612 14 29 2 4004/Bus1602 7Connector #4004/Bus 1602 Pin #7 Inlet HVAC thermistor outof range highBus — Not UsedThermistor open circuit.Refer to AC Refrigerant Thermistors in the HVAC
Expert:  tkman55 replied 1 year ago.
NOTE – Diagnostic messages from the engine controller, antilock brake system or transmission are notdisplayed on the electronic gauge cluster (EGC) digital display.Placing the electronic gauge cluster (EGC) in diagnostic mode will allow the EGC to display active andpreviously active diagnostic messages from the electrical system controller (ESC) or from the EGC itself.To engage the diagnostic mode turn the Ignition key ON (or in accessory), then press the Cruise ON switchand the Cruise RESUME switch simultaneously. If no faults are present, the gauge cluster display will read NOFAULTS. If faults are present, the gauge cluster will display a message with the number of faults, followed bythe diagnostic codes. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code Display. This procedure will also initiate the diagnosticflash codes for the engine controller and the hydraulic ABS controller. The display will show each DTC for10 seconds, then automatically scroll to the next entry and continue to cycle through the faults. To manuallycycle through the fault list, press the cluster SELECT/RESET button.S082894 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODESFigure 1 Diagnostic Trouble Code Display1. BYTE 7 FIELD2. BYTE 8 FIELD3. SPN FIELD4. FMI FIELD5. ACTIVE/PREVIOUSLY ACTIVE STATUS INDICATOR6. COMPILED FORMAT OF DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODEDiagnostic trouble codes will end with an “A” while the code is active. The code will remain active as longas the feature affected is active and the fault is present. If the feature is turned off or the fault is removed,the trouble code will be moved to the “previously active” list and the code will end with a “P”. For example:when the work light is turned on and there is an open an active circuit fault code (611 14 11 1 A) will belogged. When the light is turned off the code will become previously active. The fault still exists, but thecode will not go active until the light is turned on.While in the diagnostic mode, previously active diagnostic trouble codes may be cleared by turning the left turnsignal ON and pressing the Cruise ON switch and the Cruise SET switch simultaneously.Diagnostic codes for the engine controller and hydraulic ABS controller will not be cleared with this procedure.
Expert:  tkman55 replied 1 year ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93327961/HEAT%20VENTILATION%20AIR%20CONDITIONING%20(HVAC)%2C%20TXV%20System%2C%20March%202007.pdf go to page 11 to see where this themister is located check the connection
Expert:  tkman55 replied 1 year ago.
I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still payfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please dont waste any more of your time on this question. ive actually already figured everything out. I needed the response Really quick. I found where the thermister wires ran to and found no problems with any shorts until they plug into the computer. And its the computer thats fried. I was able to find all the info you just gave me online in the 4 hours since I asked the question. I knew how to srase previous codes but what I wanted to know is how to erase active codes. I know its not possible without the diamond system I think its called. What I was hoping for was a way to do it without the diamond program. Thank you for getting back regardless, I just figured that I would have the answer in 10 minutes or so like they advertised. I tried to cancel the question an hour ago but just annswer wouldnt let me. Im not sure what I do now....?
Expert:  tkman55 replied 1 year ago.
understood I put a release request link in for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, one quick extra note. The thermister actually WAS making a connection, it was in fact not an open circuit, so That wouldnt have helped me other than maybe spending money on a new one for nothing cause the wiring was good right into the computer. I was getting a high, high resistance. I found out that the thermister was working fine putting out a 3.5k ohm resistance I believe but that was somehow compounded by a short in the compute which brought the resistance to approx 2.xx M ohms but ONLY when the WHOLE harness was plugged in. Pinpointing the two pins for the thermister gave me a false reading of EVERYTHING being normal, so just using those pins screwed me up also. I am going to find the normal range of resistances for the thermister that allow the compressor to charge the clutch magnet and I will just put a resister in the harness in place of the thermister to trick the compiter into thinking its in a normal range. I guess then I will find out if the computer will throw a code if the reaistance stays static
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you again for taking your valuble time to respond! If I wasnt in a major rush, I'm sure your info would have helped😊
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Do you still need help ?