Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Truck will not build air. New dryer and secondary tank it bolts

Customer Question

Truck will not build air. New dryer and secondary tank it bolts to.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Don replied 1 year ago.
hi there thanks for requesting me
i have a couple of questions first
before you connected the line from the compressor to the air dryer did you start the truck to see if the compressor was pumping air through it ?
don
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the scenario. It's a tow truck. Driver hit a tire piece in the middle of the road. Knocked the air inlet line off of the dryer. Luckily the fitting going in was brass and I was able to extract it. Installed a new elbow, and ever since has not built air. Yes, the main hose is blowing very powerful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, the port that is supposed to fill the air tank coming off of the dryer, seems to only fill a 2 in deep chamber of the air tank. The air gauges never move in the dash if I inject shop air. If I inject shop air in to the other hole of the tank, it moves the secondary air gauge. The primary is filled off of a hose coming from the dryer. It never has air coming out of the dryer with truck running.
Another note: This is the third dryer on this truck. Earlier this month the dryer was replaced due to a sticking purge on the bottom. Worked since, until yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Don replied 1 year ago.
sorry site is having problems it takes me forever to get to you
Hi there thanks for the update
have you tried bypassing the air dryer ?
do you hear any leaks when you put shop air on ?
do you have any shut off valves in the system
what model of air dryer do you have and adip ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to bypass the dryer, because it bolts directly on the air tank. There are no shut off valves in the system, and I know it's a bendix ad-** (unsure). The outlet of the dryer in o-ringed to the side of the air tank. There are no air leaks with shop air. I can inject shop air and hold it for as long as my arms let me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't be waiting an hour for a response. I have to get this tow truck up and running TOMORROW. And I've stayed up past my normal bed time an hour and a half already. Perhaps logging in during normal business hours shall result better for me. Bye.