roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

I have a 2009 frightliner m2 it has a Horton ambulance body

Customer Question

I have a 2009 frightliner m2 it has a Horton ambulance body on it I have the brake lights on all the time with the key on with key off they work fine I Isolated Horton side of it by cutting the wire for there system even if I unplug C1 I still have them on, at the brake switch I have normal power coming in but when I turn key to on I get it to the output side of switch I bypassed the output wire by cutting at the brake switch running a new temp wire to Horton side to put it back in service they work fine for now but my other problem is the ecm still sensing the brake lights are still on and it won't let me do a regen on it unless I unplug the E1 plug then the ABS light comes on I do the regen then plug E1 back in ABS light goes out any help you can offer would be greatly appreciate thank you not sure how this works but here is my email***@******.*** thank you
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
can I have the last 6 of the vin???
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AK6648
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
do you have access to the horton wiring diagram???
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have were they tie into chassis wiring
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
can you scan it and add it to your post??
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roy I tried something not working but it said to connect the 1H wire that is hortons wire to their module to RED/WHITE wire at C1-N chassis module remember I cut the 1H wire and I cut the output wire coming from the brake switch put in a temp wire from the switch to the wire going to hortons module to get it back in service I still have power on the 1H wire coming from C1 and at the wire I cut at the brake switch
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
ok, somewhere there is a short. have you examined the harness very closely??? if it worked previously and not now, it sounds like a wiring issue
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did but don't know were the output wire on brake switch goes to or what else is on it the wire goes up in the dash into the harness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a wiring diagram for the frightliner side
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
it goes up and then down along the chassis rail but in that route, the horton harness got involved. it is a timely process to follow harness to find a failure point. we do it all the time at our shop and it takes a ton of patience to track these issues down
Roy
they most likely tied into the brake light wire at or behind the cab or back at the end of the harness at the rear of the truck where the lights from the horton add on is located.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what else is on with this wire
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
not without the horton wire diagram.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to need more assistance unfortunately I can't work on it for a day or two so far no luck
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
I understand but in order for me to assist, I need to see the wiring diagram from the horton side Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roy working on that our IT guy will be in tomorrow and I will send it
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
sounds good Roy