Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Hey I have 2005 freightliner m2 106 190hp cat c7 6 speed menual

Customer Question

Hey I have 2005 freightliner m2 106 190hp cat c7 6 speed menual I need more hp how can I get more power around 300hp I went to the dieler they said I have to change transmission that supports more torque I have 380k miles I'm gonna need overhaul soon can I buy used engine with low miles that already has 300 hp will it fit in my truck and wiring?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me! I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately they are correct. The transmission must be able to handle the torque of the engine. If it can not. The trams will be damaged.
If you purchase a used C7 with 300 HP. It has the same wiring so it should fit with no problem.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What transmission they use for 300hp ??
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure right off hand. Sorry. I am an engine expert.
The Freightliner dealer should be able to tell you which trans to get.