Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 99.5 f250 sd with a bad under the dash fuse box.

Customer Question

I have a 99.5 f250 sd with a bad under the dash fuse box. Does anyone know where I can get another one. This truck is 16 years old and parts like this are getting scarce
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Have you tried all the local wrecking yards? This is not something that usually gets smashed up in an accident . They would likely have a good one .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly the closest power strokethat i can find that matches mine is in MN.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im in NC
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
And is this something the dealer can't get ? Because it is too old ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure that if you can provide them a vin number , they should be able to order one for you !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
And what about any local businesses or fleets in your area that have some of these units . They may likely have a retired unit in their yard that they are parting out as well .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I doubt the dealer will be able to get one. They had a hard enough time tracking down a pigtail for me because ford quit making the majorty of parts for this truck
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Just trying to give you some ideas as I am not sure what is in your area. I'm in Canada .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried all the local salvage yards?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey there is one thing in common. My truck was made in Canada. Yea I have. no body has any power strokes that are newer than 94
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
And no fleets you can think of locally that run those ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Maybe special order it from a dealer up here and have it shipped to you? Just give them the vin number and try from a different dealer ! Someone must be able to get one for you !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the ability to look at cross compatibility items if i give you a part number?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked to see if the 94 was built the with the same fuse box as the 99 ? Perhaps the 94 will fit ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not. its a whole different system
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I don't . Sorry !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps trying to order from a different dealer than the one you were dealing with . I can't believe that they cannot track one down using their nationwide inventory check. I'm sure they can track one from another dealer and have it shipped over .