Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I just bought a 2002 Monaco Diesel Pusher with a Cummins Turbo

Customer Question

I just bought a 2002 Monaco Diesel Pusher with a Cummins Turbo Motor, but I noticed there was no boost pressure, What could cause that? 29 K miles on the motor
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there My name is Andy ! This could as simple as loose band clamp , to a rubbed out charge air cooler hose . Can we start with the 8 digit engine serial number please ? Do you have an engine lamp on ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Do you still need help with this? Happy to help if I can ! Let me know ! Thank you !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where the 8 digit engine code is, is that in the VIN? Also I see a "Warning" light on the dash is lit up. Could this have something to do with the loss of power and Boost?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Yes this may be related ! This warning light is telling us there is a fault code in memory. The engine serial number is ***** 8 digit number located on the valve cover or the front cover of the engine . Look for an information label
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be MD3000MH? That's on a tag on the back of the Trans. If not I will have to get it tomorrow night.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
No it is 8 numerical digits on the top of the engine or the front of it on a label
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked the engine compartment, what I can easily get to, it has a label that says Roadmaster Model R-3300 VIN 1RF12464522017814. I Can check the sides and top of the motor tomorrow. It is a Diesel Pusher Motorhome so I have to pull the floorboard inside the back of the Motorhome to access that area.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ok ! Will you also have access to a scanner to plug in and read the faults ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a scanner that fits the round output.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
You can either borrow one if you know someone ! Or you can bring it to a truck shop and ask them if they would just plu ginto it to check codes and write down the code numbers for you. Most places will likely do it for you as it only takes a moment. Some places might charge you 1/2 hr to check and print codes . But at least once we know what the code is , I can send you the description of the code along with the troubleshooting steps to repair it . We just need to know the faul number
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Any luck with the codes ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment Monday Morning at a Cummings Shop.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Are u just scanning for codes ? Cause most places would scan it quickly just to let you know what the faults are without an appt.