Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Just rebuild a Mack mp-7 engine is there a easy way to bleed

Customer Question

Just rebuild a Mack mp-7 engine is there a easy way to bleed fuel system I haven't try to start it yet.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Crack the line that comes out of the back of the head to help pull the air out when cranking. This is the easiest way I have done it. You want to do it right before the regulator. If easier, and messy, remove the return and plug with your finger. Just have someone ready to kill the engine when the fuel starts spraying. Then put the line back on. I made a hose awith fitting from hydraulic store to spray into bucket for when I do that option. Other option is to put air to the fuel tank and the fuel will push up to the pump and then the rest is done from there. Topping off the filters helps as well. Otherwise, the engine uses a special tool to vacuum the fuel up to the heads to assist in removing the air. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy