Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I am having the exact same problem as described in this post

Customer Question

I am having the exact same problem as described in this post the cover is stuck. all six bolts are removed and the cover rocks a little I have tried to pry it off but not having any luck. I was hoping that maybe I could break pin 7 and then pull the shaft out it looks like this might release the yoke 22. but I am open to ideas.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Can you be more specific about what this cover is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just figured out how this just answers thing works I have been waiting for an email for over a week.The cover is the differential lock cover that is bolted to the brake cover on the right side of a Case 580B in the case manual it is #20 in fig 3 page 74-7. It appears that it must come off in order to get the brakes off so I can service the breaks. The case manual makes it sound like we should be able to slide the whole unit off after removing the pedal linkage and the six bolts holding it to the brake cover, but it will not come off.I have not had time to go back out to the farm since I started researching the problem I was thinking that maybe I should lift the rear end with the stabilizers and put the rig in neutral, this should take all pressure off. Right now the rig is in neutral but is setting on the wheels.I have done some mechanical work on cars but have never worked tractors so I have a little sense for how things work, but not enough to not work on them :-) We just bought this weepy old machine as well as a Case 350 Crawler so we will be getting plenty of experience.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The shaft has to rotate CCW to let the shift fork come out of the collar, the cover should move back as the the shaft is rotated. When the fork comes off the collar, the cover should slip off!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what we thought from the start but the shaft seems to be stuck it will not rotate. We finally after a lot of pressure and twisting got lever #18 to work on the shaft at spring # ***** and 17 but the shaft is still hung at Bushing #27, looks like a lot more penetrating oil on the shaft #23 and the Bushing #27 seems to be stuck solid at this point. Any other ideas.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
No, cam't really heat it up. So you are stuck with turning the shaft CCW to release the fork! Bigger pipe wrench?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, guess you just confirmed what we are doing is right. We'll go till it comes loss or breaks and then cut it off and start looking for a replacement.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I hear that! Thanks