Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2001 international 4700 with an allison trans. series

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2001 international 4700 with an allison trans. series 2000, the trans is in limp mode, per allison due to likely no power to the ecu, the main fuse is good and so i need to track down the power loss. we had pulled the pan, checked and replaced filter and pickup but there was little wear, no metal, so I contacted allison and told them it works fiine in reverse but no power in forward, so he told me to check the fuse by the battery as it is in limp mode due to the power loss
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Andy,
The VIN# ***** *****
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hello ! Thanks for the vin . I will look up now .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flsf80vo9664yp3/tranny.png?dl=0 Here is the link to the diagram ! Let me know if you need connector views ! The numbers that are in parenthese are connector numbers . Give me those numbers that you are looking for and I can send those as well .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have downloaded the image you sent me but it is so small as to not be readable, can you send in a different format?
It is coming over as a.png file which is tiny.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1tkb8ydkmryo2n/S08285B.pdf?dl=0
This is part of the manual ! Go to chapter 10 . This is for all the transmissions possible on that chassis back in 2001
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end!
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Yours should be an Allison MD transmission . I looked it up and it is a 2000 series .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Andy,
I had to install dropbox and run it through google to be able to view the information you sent, so we will look at th truck on monday.
One question about the ECU, is this mounted on the engine. There are 2 harnesses and what appears to be 2 controllers on the drivers side of the valve cover.
Thank you,
Doug
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
No the TCU for the tranny will likely be mounted underneath above the tranny on a crossmember . I work days at a dealership so You won't be able to reach me until later in evening .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Do you still need help with this? Happy to help if I can ! Let me know ! Thank you !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update ! Do you still need help ?