Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Have a C13 with codes 3719 & 3830. Did DPf shake & bake, codes

Customer Question

Have a C13 with codes 3719 & 3830. Did DPf shake & bake, codes will not clear. Does this have to go to cat to get codes clear
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
To get rid of the 3719 the engine needs to complete a regen.
If 3830is active. It will not start a regen. This code indicates a sensor fault with the secondary differential air pressure sensor. Most likely a faulty sensor but could be a wiring problem. Once this code is not active. The system should regen.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the problem. The sensor is showing me low pressure, so it should go into regen mode. Just can't clear code. Does it have to go to dealer to have code cleared or should it clear on it's own?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
What numbers are after the 3830?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FMI 3
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. -3 is an open circuit. If it is active the sensor is either bad or there's a broken wire in the harness that connects to the sensor. These codes do not need to be cleared at the dealer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will recheck the harness. Thanks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome my friend. I am happy I could help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know of where I can buy Cat ET software? My local dealer will not sell it to me. I used to have it, the subscription ran out & they will not renew it. Told me I have to bring it to them, that I am their competition.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes. I have seen Cat dealers do this my friend. It's very frustrating. Many dealers will not see it. The only place online I have seen folks get ET is at :
http://www.mhhauto.com
They can get you et and license it. I think it's free. Just sign up and become a member. Then find the chat room for Cat software. I know many people have gotten it there.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.