Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Trying to install Reese Pilot trailer brake controller to 2002

Customer Question

Trying to install Reese Pilot trailer brake controller to 2002 Rexhall Aerbus 35 ft Class A Ford Triton V10 engine with air brakes I believe. Cannot figure out where to connect red wire to the brake pedal. Help.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Do you have the full vin number of the unit ? Also , I need the model number of the brake controller . Thanks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Do you still need help with this? Happy to help if I can ! Let me know ! Thank you !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am told I have an answer Order ID: 15475097-347 but do not know how to access that answer. We have already paid our deposit and will not be paying another until I get the first question I had answered. Help.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
If you can provide me with the full vin number or the truck and the model number of the Reese controller , I should be able to help you with the wiring instructions as soon as I get home from work today if that's OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find your answer. I can't very well give you a rating until I can see the answer or pay you. Let me know where in the heck to see your answer on this website.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I need the full 17 digit vin number please along with the model number of the brake controller please so that I can look up a diagram for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent all that information on the first time someone was going to give me an answer but I never got one. It is a 2002 Rexhall 35' Aerbus Model XL3550BSL and the vin is 1FCNF53S510A18848 AND believe the Reese Pilot is Part #80550. My husband just does not know where to attach the red wire to the back switches behind the brake pedal. I will be out and about this morning and am anxious to hear your response hopefully without another $5.00 to pay. Thanks.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for the info . Sorry that was me the first time as well I believe. Never got the info through that time . must have been a glitch in the system. Anyway, got the info now and will look this up for you if I can right after work today. thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I CAN NOT RATE YOUR SERVICE IF I HAVE HAD NO RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION. I GUESS I AM NEVER GOING TO GET A RESPONSE SO JUST DELETE ME FROM YOUR IN BOX AS I AM TIRED OF THIS RUN AROUND AND I DO NOT BELIVE YOU REALLY WANT ME TO RATE YOUR SERVICE AS I HAVE HAD NONE TO BE SATISFIED WITH. HAVE A GOOD DAY.