Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have an 04 Columbia with a Detroit, 13 speed, vin n37728,

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 04 Columbia with a Detroit, 13 speed, vin n37728, the truck is hasitating only when I start from a stop (red light), i press the gas peddle and it does not respond, sounds to me like its starving for fuel (just changed fuel filter no change) shakes for about 5-10 seconds then its fine, I can drive for Hrs with no problem until I stop and try to go again , no engine light. I have also noticed loss of power but not severe...
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the lines between the tank and pump for restrictions or leaks. Also you can install a clear hose or sight glass to look for air bubbles in the system. Try running a separate hose into the tank fill to see if the problem still exists. Let me know what model and serial number detroit you have and I can likely help with some more detailed troubleshooting.
Click this link for the fuel pressure and engine specs. Engine specs 04 series 60 Let me know the results and what you have for fuel pressure or if you need more help.