spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I just bought a 2011 Kenworth T700 and this is my first

Customer Question

Hi, I just bought a 2011 Kenworth T700 and this is my first trip with it, I got the WHATER IN FUEL message after about 300 mi of driving. I'm wondering if is just because the truck set for a while at the dealer or it could be something worse, by the way they did the PM so I suppose the filters should be fine. Should I try with water dispenser ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** you for your question.When that light comes on you need to drain the water out of fuel/water separator.On bottom of separator you unscrew enough so just the water drains,, it will be rusty looking,,once it is same color as fuel close back up.Start engine and hold at a high idle for two minutes to bleed any air remaining.The fuel/water separator is usually mounted on frame fuel pump side of engine but can also be on other side but pretty easy to findclick here for common filters.Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order that I receive them when I am online.Also rating does not close your question, it just assures Just answer credits me,,, has nothing to do with you.You can continue to follow up as long as needed even after ratingThanks spanky
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm just following up to see if you where satisfied with my answer.
Please keep in mind that even though you have already paid your deposit money
over to JustAnswer, or you may be a subscriber, until you rate me highly for my service,
I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.
Thanks
spanky