Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2006 Ford F650 pro loader with 5.9 liter and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford F650 pro loader with 5.9 liter and Allison. I had a problem with a broken power wire to the TCM. We fixed the wire and the truck was driving fine. I went to take the truck out after setting a few day. Get in start it up and do a walk
around and get in and put it into reverse and the check transmission light comes on with the range inhibitor light no reverse. Go to drive it shifts in to 3 gear with check transmission light flashing but will move forward. Turn the key of and restarted it
and did the same thing. So I pull the truck into the shop and check to see if the wire was broke again. No break wire looked good. Then Check the fuses by the battery all check out good. Check connectors at the TCM everything looks good. When driving the truck
around to the shop the speedometer was not working. So I was think that the TCM may be losing power. I checked the power and ground to the TCM and it check out good. After checking the power and ground to the TCM plug connectors back in. Started it up and
pull it into reverse. Had a hard shift into reverse but no check transmission light or range inhibitor light and the truck would move backwards now. Pull it into drive and hard shift into 3 gear but no check transmission light coming on. Shut it off and unhooked
battery cable for a few mins and the hooked it back up. Started it up and put it into drive and went to 3 gear again I took it around the parking area and no speedometer and not shifting out of 3 gear. I just dont know what else to check I am think it may
be a bad TCM but not for sure. I live were we do not have any medium duty truck shop around the nearest one it 5 hours away. So I am trying to get help so I can get the truck to run and shift right to get it to them. PLEASE any help would be great.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** and thank you for your question.How did you check power going to TCM?Let me know