Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

My truck shows a fault 1 code. But is telling me its a power

Customer Question

My truck shows a fault 1 code. But is telling me its a power loss but its not losing power as of now it's still running fine and trans. Doing what I'm reading about the service light and F signal what should I do
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Click this link to access the video on retrieving the complete fault code. Let me know what you have for fault codes.Fault code retrieval
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My truck shows a fault 1 code. But is telling me theirs a power loss but truck is running fine as of now and trans. Is given the service light and and fault code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This video did not help me with what I was asking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My truck 2007 not 05
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have paid and no answer
Hi, I need more info to help. I need the complete fault code info that you will need to have it scanned or retrieve the fault codes through the display. Fault 1 is not the complete code. I will opt out for another expert to help further
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and give it a whirl ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the code when it was put on the computer it only said something about power loss but I have power so I'm lost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Put on computer and reading power loss but no power loss as of yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 international 9400i eagle automatic transmission
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for the info . if you can provide the last 8 digits of the vin number , I can look up what you have for a transmission specifically and then we can have a better idea of what to do . Was there an issue with the shifter not powering at any time or possibly a no start issue with shifter not coming on at key on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7c337934 vin
Main problem is the power loss put on test even took it to international in McKinney TX. Two people give me two different answers one day it could be turbo boost other person said it sound like egr was going out
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ok so you have engine power loss , not tranny ecu electrical power loss .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I understand now ! Was a little confused ! Sorry ! Any fault codes on Insite ? Did you have an engine light on at any time ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comes on and off the engine light does
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Do you have access to a scanner to read the fault ? I can then send you the troubleshooting for it once we know exaclty what is going on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm driving the truck right now but when I did get it on the computer it told me power loss
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I need fault code numbers to be able to get the right troubleshooting steps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean fault1
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
No that does not help ! It needs to be a cummins fault code with 3 or 4 digits or an SPN number with an FMI number .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get it because my fault 1 is on right now
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Are you using a scanner ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir don't have one if nothing manual then I have to take it to shop and pay more money and the shop is the people with no answer
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Where are you getting code 1 from exactly ? The dash ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting this from the cluster ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dash
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
If possible , can you take a photo of it with your laptop or phone and attach it to here please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See like now the engine was off for like1hour and fault has gone but when I drive like 15 miles it comes on
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked the fuses in the battery box ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir I have and I also have two new battarys that I replaced
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I have sent you an additional offer to use skype and have an audio conversation .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
This way , if you're near the truck with a laptop or something , we can have an audio conversation and get this figure out together .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
I have all wiring diagrams and manuals needed to do this . As well as the knowledge from 12 years at international to assist .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
we can continue on here but it is much slower . Skype is more direct with capability of sending files , having audio and video at our disposal should we need it and you can reach me on there next time you need me !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir the dash
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
You lost me ! What about the dash ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm bob tailing back and no fault as of now but when I have a trailer that check engine light comes on
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ok so we need to check which fault has come up .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No trailer no fault 1
With trailer hooked up I get a fault 1
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
What is the fault ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help ? Do you have access to a scanner ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes getting it checked tomorrow
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ok Once I know the fault , I can send you the desription of fault and the troubleshooting steps to fix it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Talk to you soon then
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update on this. Do you have the fault code numbers?