Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My truck had a out exhaust manifold gasket a few weeks ago.

Customer Question

My truck had a blown out exhaust manifold gasket a few weeks ago. This was fixed by the dealership. The turbo was also bring held on by only 2 nuts. This was causing major boost leak, exhaust leak, loss of power, engine brake pressure was low, mpg loss and the motor put itself in what seemed like a constant state of regen.
A week later, the trucks engine brake is still very weak(related?), it doesn't seem like it wants to regen. The dealer didn't initiate a parked regen after they fixed the exhaust work.
The truck idled up and fluxuated between 1000-1200rpms once manual regen through computer was initiated, after 20-30 second it idle back down and the amber triangle appeared. The code that appeared was SPN 411 FMI 16, EGR differential pressure valid but above normal.Mechanic removed sensor and (tubes?), they were 100% plugged with soot. Parts were cleaned and differential sensor was replaced.
Truck still wont regen, throws same code.
Thoughts?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Cummins Dr isn't online at the moment. You can continue to wait on him if you wish. He will ask for your engine serial number when he does get online. You did ask for him and I will allow him time to get on and respond since he was requested. If he doesn't reply, I will gladly assist you. He is way better at the Cummins engines than I am. If you can, please provide the engine serial number as you wait for him to assist you? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SN(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the $52 be refunded? The truck has been fixed before DrCummins responded.