Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2007 international 4300 tow truck and the transmission

Customer Question

Hi , I have a 2007 international 4300 tow truck and the transmission light came on.The transmission overheatin n the check trans light stayin on on the dash n the red light on the temp gauge is on n wen I sht dwn n star back up n drive off the trans not shifting out n wen I stop it again the engine would not start n the dash sayin the trans in drive while the shift is still in park n wud not start n red light still on on trans gauge
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. ***********
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. First off, can you get the codes on the transmission by pushing the mode button and then holding the up and down arrows at the same time? Next, when was the last fluid and filter change on the transmission? Will you be doing this repair yourself or will you be taking it to an Allison shop for repair? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Jeremy, unfortunately the truck does not have the nose buttons on the shifter so I don't think it can be rest with out a computer so is there a different way to do because I don't have what you are looking for?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Try holding the left button up and the right button down on the steering wheel. You will get codes on the dash. List off all the codes that you get and I will see if that can help.