Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2000 itasca horizon motorhome sitting on a freightliner

Customer Question

I have a 2000 itasca horizon motorhome sitting on a freightliner chassis, the fuel gauge is stuck on empty. I can't find a wiring diagram, what is the most common problem ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist there is an easy way to narrow down the failure. remove the 2 plug connector on the sender unit. the fuel gauge will swing one way. use a paper clip and cross the wires and the gauge shouls swing all the way the opposite way. this is done with the key on. if the sweep is correct, the sender unit has failed and needs to be replaced. if it does not swing as indicated, then you have a wiring issue or failed gauge, which is very rare. Roy